Peripheral neuropathy is a term used to describe nerve damage or nerve death. It can occur in the large nerves, which branch from the spinal cord, or in the small nerves found throughout the skin, from the top of your head, to the tips of your fingers and toes.
Damage to your large nerves can cause pain, numbness, pins and needles, weakness, or muscle wasting.
If your small, microscopic nerves become damaged, the usual symptoms include numbness, tingling, pain, burning, freezing sensations, pain that is electrical or crawling, or loss of balance.
The most common culprit of peripheral neuropathy is chronic Diabetes.
Diabetic Neuropathy is caused by an excess amount of glucose (sugar) in the circulatory system. This increased and sustained amount of glucose will damage the large and small nerve fiber endings.
Other causes are:
• chemotherapy and Agent Orange
• low back conditions such as spinal stenosis and disc bulging
• previous low back or large joint surgeries
• autoimmune diseases such as lupus, scleroderma, Raynaud’s Syndrome, and Rheumatoid Arthritis
• neurological diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis or Muscular Dystrophy
• alcohol abuse and chemical toxicity
• prescription medications such as statins, or other cholesterol-lowering drugs
Elevate Medical specializes in peripheral neuropathy treatment programs that have been clinically proven to significantly reduce or eliminate severe neuropathy pain and inflammation. Each therapeutic intervention has been carefully selected for its excellent success rate shown in both scientific research and through years of implementation in practice. Elevate Medical has been consistently recognized for its commitment to providing the most effective care that is drug-free, non-invasive, and with little to no side effects.
If you are suffering from peripheral neuropathy symptoms and are ready to reclaim your life, the doctors at Elevate Medical want to help you today! Do not wait to schedule your appointment, 720.907.6767.